Talk:C-band Receiver Station
I found about about UNITEC-1 via Southgate ARC. Interesting but there seemed to be long time until launch (20 May maybe).
Discussed the UNITEC-1 tracking with Scott OZ2ABA. We are considering and we will look for LNCs.
Kuhne has several LNCs for the 5.8 GHz band that cover the whole band from 5.6 to 5.9 GHz:
The first option is probably better due to lower cable losses – we have about 40 meters cable from the antenna feed to the control room.
Email from Mineo Wakita JE9PEL on AMSAT BB noting that the PLANET-C and UNITEC-1 launch date is now set for 17 May 2010 21:44:14 UTC. Time to get C-band gear ready!
Official kick-off. At the AMSAT OZ meeting today we agreed to proceed with the project and to inquire about the KU LNC 5659 C PRO down.converter. The LNC will be the property of AMSAT OZ. Using the 400-700 MHz version of the LNC we can use the existing cable going between the tower and the control room. First we try without any buffer amp between the LNC and receiver.
Sent inquiry to Kuhne.
Ordered KU LNC 5659 C PRO down-converter.
Made the first blog post about the project.
- Made blog post about LNC.
- Brief chat with OZ2ABA about tracking accuracy we can achieve:
- Hydraulic drive has optical encoders with resolution 0.05°. Az encoder connected, El encoder is not connected.
- Temp stability of LNC: Measure temp profile in lab and equip LNC box with a thermometer
- USRP: Use 10MHz Rb reference as input to 64MHz signal generator.
- Created a prototype CW receiver for the OZ7IGY tests on Tuesday by reverse engineering the flowgraph of the SDR transceiver
- Blog post with video demo of the receiver.
- Smoke test of the LNC passed, see blog post. No OZ7IGY, though.
- V0.3 of the simple receiver
- Measured sensitivity of the WBX receiver in CW: better than -130 dBm. See blog post.
- Found out how to implement SSB in the simple receiver. See blog post.
- Implemented SSB in the simple receiver. Decided to separate the band pass filter from he frequency xlating filter as described in the blog post.