Talk:Arduino Weather Station
Revision as of 20:58, 7 June 2010 by Alex
- Managed to get the TMP102 work with the Arduino Duemilanove even though I do not have any Logic Level Converter. Apparently, the 3.3V part does not go up in flames when exposed to 5V on the SDA and SCL pins though I can not know if there is any internal damage.
- Fritzing starter kit has arrived. Good value for money.
- Recreated the temperature sensor mockup using the breadboard, see Ustream recording.
- Often the readback from the TMP102 returns error – could that be due to the volt mismatch? I will put wirk with TMP102 on hold until I get a Logic Level Converter.
- Ordered the Logic Level Converter from Cool Components.
- The Logic Level Converter has arrived. Reworked TMP102 connection on the breadboard.
- Followed the instructions [ here] except that I connected V+ of TMP102 to 3.3V instead of 5V. Also tried to connect to 5V and that worked too, but then again, it also worked without the level converter
- Recorded video showing the TMP102 connected to the Arduino via the Logic Level Converter. See video on YouTube.