Packaging Qt apps for Mac OS X
- Build your application in release mode
- Execute "macdeployqt myprog.app"
- see -h for options
- good to use -verbose=2
This will bundle all the Qt libraries into the myprog.app - this will be approximately 40 MB. I guess one could still do the manual process for small applications that do not need all the Qt libraries. Or maybe the unnecessary libraries can be removed again manually?
Application and package icon
- Create an icon with size 512x512 pixels
- Format can be tiff, png, ...
- Best from SVG (try http://commons.wikimedia.org)
- Drag and drop it into Icon Composer
- Start with the largest one, then drag it to smaller ones.
- Save .icns file
- Note: Icon Composer can also create .ico file but these use different sizes
- Edit project.pro and add: ICON = path/to/icons.icns
- Ejoy the results:
Note: We can also copy and paste .icns files in/out of the bundle and edit the .plist file.
Including addition data