Packaging Qt apps for Mac OS X
- Build your application in release mode
- Execute "macdeployqt myprog.app" (see -h for options)
This will bundle all the Qt libraries into the myprog.app - this will be approximately 40 MB. I guess one could still do the manual process for small applications that do not need all the Qt libraries. Or maybe the unnecessary libraries can be removed again manually?
Application and package icon
- Create icons with size: 16x16, 32x32, 128x128, 256x256 and 512x512
- Format can be tiff, png, ...
- Best from SVG (try http://commons.wikimedia.org)
- Paste them into Icon Composer
- Save .icns file
- Note: Icon Composer can also create .ico file but these use different sizes
- Put the .icns file in myprog.app/Contents/Resources
- Edit myprog.app/Contents/Info.plist
<dict> <key>CFBundleIconFile</key> <string>myicons.icns</string> ...
Note: Steps 4 and 5 are TBC.
See the result: http://twitpic.com/42d86d
Ok, this didn't work even though it is the same procedure as described here: http://doc.qt.nokia.com/4.7-snapshot/appicon.html → try again, and also look at http://www.qtforum.org/article/32922/application-icon.html
Including addition data