Difference between revisions of "Packaging Qt apps for Mac OS X"
(→Application and package icon)
|Line 8:||Line 8:|
To create a .dmg we can either use the -dmg option to macdeployqt or use the Mac Disk Utility as
To create a .dmg we can either use the -dmg option to macdeployqt or use the Mac Disk Utility as [http://mac101.net/content/how-to/how-to-create-dmg-art-for-fancy-application-installations/ here] or [http://mac101.net/content/how-to/security-create-encrypted-dmg-disk-images-sensative-data/ here] (without the encryption part).
Revision as of 12:44, 26 February 2011
- Build your application in release mode
- Execute "macdeployqt myprog.app" (see -h for options)
This will bundle all the Qt libraries into the myprog.app - this will be approximately 40 MB. I guess one could still do the manual process for small applications that do not need all the Qt libraries. Or maybe the unnecessary libraries can be removed again manually?
Application and package icon
- Create icons with size: 16x16, 32x32, 128x128, 256x256 and 512x512
- Format can be tiff, png, ...
- Best from SVG (try http://commons.wikimedia.org)
- Paste them into Icon Composer
- Save .icns file
- Note: Icon Composer can also create .ico file but these use different sizes
- Edit project.pro and add: ICON = path/to/icons.icns
- Ejoy the results:
Note: We can also copy and paste .icns files in/out of the bundle and edit the .plist file.
Including addition data