Difference between revisions of "OMAP3530 VPU"
(→General tasks: Added link to Gumstix wiki page about Overo Wifi)
|Line 72:||Line 72:|
Revision as of 23:48, 20 September 2010
This page describes experiments carried out to create an embedded video processing unit based on the OMAP3530 application processor from Texas Instruments using Gumstix Overo COMs. This is one branch of the Embedded Video Processing and Radio Unit project. Logbook is on the talk page.
- Capture video from one or more cameras
- Compress and multiplex the videos with telemetry into a single transport stream suitable for transmission over the air
- Process incoming telcommands
First flight on amateur rocket
The objectives of this flight are:
- To test the Gumstix Overo Fire under high acceleration (TBD g)
- To capture images and/or video during the flight
We learned about an opportunity to fly onboard an amateur rocket (up to 3 km high). Flight will take place on October 3, 2010. Time is very short so we will be focusing on getting the Gumstix Overo Fire up and running, and have it record video during the flight. No real time video downlink.
OS version: Angstrom 2010.7-test-20100909
root@overo:~# df -h Filesystem Size Used Available Use% Mounted on /dev/root 1.8G 595.2M 1.1G 35% / devtmpfs 245.0M 188.0K 244.8M 0% /dev tmpfs 40.0K 0 40.0K 0% /mnt/.splash none 245.0M 188.0K 244.8M 0% /dev /dev/mmcblk0p2 1.8G 595.2M 1.1G 35% /media/mmcblk0p2 /dev/mmcblk0p1 38.6M 3.2M 35.3M 8% /media/mmcblk0p1 tmpfs 245.0M 1.5M 243.5M 1% /var/volatile tmpfs 245.0M 0 245.0M 0% /dev/shm tmpfs 245.0M 0 245.0M 0% /media/ram root@overo:~# free -k total used free shared buffers cached Mem: 501752 103500 398252 0 7784 59172 -/+ buffers/cache: 36544 465208 Swap: 0 0 0
root@overo:~# df -h Filesystem Size Used Available Use% Mounted on /dev/root 1.8G 154.7M 1.5G 9% / devtmpfs 118.1M 188.0K 117.9M 0% /dev none 118.1M 188.0K 117.9M 0% /dev /dev/mmcblk0p2 1.8G 154.7M 1.5G 9% /media/mmcblk0p2 /dev/mmcblk0p1 38.6M 3.2M 35.3M 8% /media/mmcblk0p1 tmpfs 118.1M 344.0K 117.8M 0% /var/volatile tmpfs 118.1M 0 118.1M 0% /dev/shm tmpfs 118.1M 0 118.1M 0% /media/ram root@overo:~# free -k total used free shared buffers cached Mem: 241856 45052 196804 0 3900 26996 -/+ buffers/cache: 14156 227700 Swap: 0 0 0
| Get Gumstix Overo Fire up and running
|Update image and boot from microSD||100%|
|Flash updated image to NAND||TBC|
|Power consumption (with and without WiFi and BT)|
| Console image
| Software to capture and save video from camera during flight
→ TBD selected
|Pinto-TH breakout board|
|Disable WiFi and BT||TBC|
- Overo: Setup and Programming on Gumstix developer site
- I/O, connectors & cabling
- WiFi and BT SoC specs (local copy).
- Setting up Wifi on Gumstix Overo Fire
- PIXHAWK – Many useful BeagleBoard and Gumstix Overo COM related things. In particular, they seem to use similar cameras to those I got with the Leopard board, see http://pixhawk.ethz.ch/wiki/pixhawk_camera_competition
- Minimal, quick booting Gumstix image and other resources
- http://specialcomp.com/index.htm – Nice acrylic cases
- OMAP Power Management – Embedded Linux Wiki.
- 2010.09.06: Gumstix Overo Fire on a rocket
- 2010.09.12: Gumstix Overo Fire booting from microSD card
- 2010.09.13: Kernel panic, accidental downgrade and working webcam
- 2010.09.18: Gumstix Overo Fire status and re-scoping the project
Complete YouTube playlist