Logitech QuickCam Pro 9000
After installation, the software that comes with the camera works well and can capture HD-like video very well. However, when using a third party capture application, size seems to be stuck at 320x240 pixels. Holy crap!
- Camera detected and mounted as /dev/video0
- Most apps are completely dysfunctional and useless (as usual)
- width and height: OK
- Brightness: TBD
- Contrast: TBD
- Saturation: TBD
- Gain: TBD
- Supported image sizes: 160x120, 176x144, 320x240, 352x288, 640x480, 960x720, 1600x1200
- Video sizes @ fps: TBD
Works! and has many interesting controls
- Can capture video
- Can capture audio – GNOME sound mixer panel applet can control audio input level and it sounds good. Mute works too!
- Additional controls – including focus – are enabled after running guvcview as root once
Try the others from http://www.quickcamteam.net/software/linux/v4l2-software/
Autofocus is built into the wintendo drives, thus does not work in Linux.
Q: How can we manually control focus in Linux?
A: There is some info about this on quickcamteam.net related to libwebcam