Emsat is a real-time satellite tracking and orbit predictions application for the Maemo platform. The objective is to provide a full featured satellite tracking application that can support portable satellite communications.
The user interface must be intuitive so that the user can use the basic functionality of the app without reading any manuals. The HIG will be taken into account.
All function must be reachable using touchscreen only. Maemo 5 GUI design templates are available on the Maemo website.
- Track objects in space
- Earth orbiting satellites
- Interplanetary spacecraft using data from JPL Horizon
- Sun, Moon, other planets?
- Uses location from built-in GPS via the Location API
- User can specify a fixed location
- Select a city (OVI map?)
- Maidenhead grid square
- Future passes can be saved to calendar with reminder option
- Hildon Alarm Framework
- Gmail (TBC)
- Emsat built-in scheduler
- Voice announcements
- 5 minute before pass
- At AOS, TCA, and LOS
- Every minute while satellite is in range
- Logging support
- Text (TBC)
- Voice record (TBC)
- Video record (TBC)
- Desktop Widget
- Top 5 ongoing or upcoming passes
Note that these are not Graphical User Interface requirements, rather physical interface requirements for connectivity.
- Doppler tuning
- Full duplex: IC-910, IC-9100, FT-847, TS-2000
- Simplex: IC-706, IC-7000
- Receiver: FT-817, FT-857, FT-897
- Antenna rotator tracking
- Electrical interface
- Interface to other applications
This section lists and describes existing software that is going to be reused by Emsat and provides the necessary rationale behind the reuse.
- Hildon 2.2 UI Style Guide
- Hildon 2.2 Widget UI Specification
- Fremantle Master Layout Guide
- Maemo 5 Desktop Widget UI Guidelines