Emsat is a real-time satellite tracking and orbit predictions application for the Maemo platform. The objective is to provide a full featured satellite tracking application that can support portable satellite communications.
Thake the Guidelines into account.
- Track objects in space
- Earth orbiting satellites
- Interplanetary spacecraft using data from JPL Horizon
- Sun, Moon, other planets?
- Uses location from built-in GPS (default)
- User can specify a fixed location
- Select a city (OVI map?)
- Maidenhead grid square
- Future passes can be saved to calendar with reminder option
- Built-in calendar
- Gmail (TBC)
- Emsat built-in scheduler
- Voice announcements
- 5 minute before pass
- At AOS, TCA, and LOS
- Every minute while satellite is in range
- Doppler tuning
- Full duplex: IC-910, IC-9100, FT-847, TS-2000
- Simplex: IC-706, IC-7000
- Receiver: FT-817, FT-857, FT-897
- Antenna rotator tracking (is this relevant for portable ops?)
- Electrical interface